35+ Asthma Articles: A Mix of Various Articles on Asthma: Asthma & Allergies, Natural Cures, Warning Signs, Treatment, Tips, More.
Sample Asthma Article Topics
Below are some asthma topics in this article pack:
- Why Do You Have Asthma
- Time to Tackle Asthma and Allergies
- Asthma Control: Tips on How to Cure Your Asthma Naturally
- 5 Warning Signs That Could Keep You Out of ER
- Some Physiotherapy Asthma Management Techniques May Be Questionable
- Acupuncture for Asthma: Fact or Fiction
- Asthma and Air Purifiers
- Exercise and Asthma
- Natural Cure for Asthma
- Asthma Treatment: Your Ally in Preventing Asthma Attacks
- Tips to Improve Your Asthma
Sample Asthma Articles
Why Do You Have Asthma
Asthma is an inflammatory condition where your bronchioles constrict causing breathing difficulties. Your bronchioles become inflamed for a variety of physical, emotional and environmental reasons. It is not contagious so, you cannot catch it from another person.
But what is the real cause asthma? Why do some people develop asthma and why is asthma more common in the western world?
Inheriting Asthma — However, you can inherit the asthma tendency from your parents, although people with asthma should not worry about their future children on this score.
Studies show that children whose parents smoke are twice as likely to develop asthma as children of non-smoking parents. Also, children whose mothers smoked during pregnancy tend to be born with smaller airways, which greatly increases their chances of developing the disease.
The “Westernised” environment and lifestyle in developed countries has a lot to do with the chances of whether a person will develop asthma or not. Many people believe air pollution has something to do with asthma, although the evidence, at this stage, is surprisingly very weak.
Allergies — Causes of asthma include allergies to house dust mites, cats, dogs, and moulds. Childhood infections and exposure to substances from bacteria in a dirty environment seem to protect against allergies, and this seems to be the main reason why richer populations have more allergic disease.
So the causes of asthma are complicated. They include genetics, exposure to chemical irritants and pollution, a low immune system, emotional or … (Full article is not published here.)
Natural Cure For Asthma
If you experience sudden bouts of breathlessness, you are suffering from asthma. When some dust, smoke or the scent of any odd flower or perfume will get you whizzing, coughing and gasping, you are suffering from asthma. These are just some of the allergens that can irritate your nasal passage. Other irritants are exercise, pollution or smog, a sudden change in weather, cold or any infection of the airways.
Though asthma attack can be scary, there is no need to panic. Besides following doctor’s medications, there are certain tips that you can follow to prevent asthma. First, it is important for you to guard yourself against dust mite allergies and hay fever. Take the following steps:
- Go for yoga: Performing simple yogic breathing where you exhale for twice as long as you inhale can prevent against future asthma attacks. This technique has been proven to be very effective. The effect of this breathing is similar to that obtained by the use of a corticosteroid inhaler. To do this breathing, close your eyes, inhale and then exhale naturally. Pause without holding your breath for one or two seconds before the next inhalation. This will allow the exhalation to complete naturally. Do not try to breathe deeply or slowly. But if there is a need to breathe deeply, you can do so till you can come back to breathing exercise.
- Avoid sleeping on full stomach: Sleeping while your stomach is full can aggravate your asthma. Asthma is caused by stomach reflux, which occurs when stomach acid goes back into esophagus. This causes the stomach contents to regurgitate into your mouth and then drip down into the airways when you are lying down or sleeping. Avoid heavy snacks and take an antacid to reduce your stomach’s acidity. Theophylline medications can also aggravate the asthma by increasing the stomach’s reflux. If you are on this medication and are … (Full article is not published here.)